Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Vintage Film Camera Lives On!

I was contacted by a woman who found a "vintage" point and shoot film camera at her local thrift store.  She contacted me because she had found in a photography forum that I had myself found the same camera at my local thrift store.  She was excited about the find and ready to set out on an adventure into film photography with her newly acquired camera.  She ask me a few questions about using the camera that I was happy to answer.  I gave her some advise on film speed, ISO, and about finding photographers work that you like to use as inspiration.  I was even fortunate enough to have a copy of the camera manual that I was able to include in my reply to her.  

However, I forgot one important thing in my email reply to her.  Vintage cameras picked up at the thrift store have a way of sometimes not working.  Don't worry, I quickly sent her another email advising that she should try out the camera with just fresh batteries in it first to see if the shutter is working.  This can be done by leaving the film door open and looking into the film compartment and watching to see if the shutter is opens when the shutter release button is pressed.  If it is working, great; go ahead and load the film and shoot away.

I hope that she has a great time, and maybe I'll get to see some of her pictures.  That would be great!

No comments:

Post a Comment